A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

update:


The vet figures our dog has Kennel cough!?!? But is unsure because she doesn't have any other symptoms of it!? We have never put our dog in a kennel or doggie day care? They say it is just an air born disease that dogs get from other dogs that is highly contagious and they usually get it when they are in a kennel, hence the name of the virus. But since our dog basically stays at home all the time and only gets out for her walks (which aren't at off leash areas, so there is little contact with other dogs) and the only dogs she is really around are the neighbor dogs but they haven't been coughing ...yet! ? The only other place she has been around lately is at the race track where there was one encounter with another dog that almost ended up as a fight and I had to break it up, and the in-laws had her for a weekend and there neighbor has a dog!? These are the only two places that I can think of where she could have gotten the virus from!? So now we have doggie cough drops (they are actually pills but help with the cough) and some antibiotics (just in case). She was a bit better yesterday and only woke us up twice, once at midnight so we gave her some "cough drops" and she was good till this morning. I read on the internet that sometimes it helps them if you put a humidifier by them to help them breathe better, so we did! LOL
On the diet front, I'm a little worried about weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been as good as I should have been, I missed out on taking the dog for her walk three times!! I have found that I feel extra hungry and might have snuck a few "bad" snacks in! ;) I was going to sneak a peak this morning on the scale but decided not too, I will wait and see tomorrow but I will be surprised if I loose anything!
I'm also a little angry with myself, when I was younger I used to be in a youth group (IOJD) and we made scrapbooks. Well lately I have had the desire to go through them and reflect on the past, maybe scan some old pics and post on Facebook BUT I can not find them anywhere! I think I let the Bethel keep them to look over or bring out when they had Installations and such, what an idiot I was! What the heck was I thinking!?! Those are my pictures and memories, I want them back!! So now I need to find out when there next meeting is, I'm pretty sure that there is only one meeting left till summer holidays so I better find out soon or I'll be waiting till Sept.!! I bet it's tonight!! I seem to remember that it was the 1st and 3rd Tuesday! Sh*t! I may have to go tonight and hopefully they still have my books! ;)

4 comments:

Denise Potter said...

Yup it is tonight. 1st and 3rd is correct. I beleive they still have all the scrape books in the closit, but don't count on me its been a while since I've gone to a meeting.

Are you and Mike working at the track this weekend?

Annieann77 said...

We are working Friday night and Sunday morning but on Saturday I have to work at my day job and we have Grandma's b-day party Sat night.

What are you doing tonight??? Wanna go to a Jobie meeting!?!? LOL ;)

Chris H said...

I do hope you find your books, memories are so important.

VegasGirl said...

Awww...poor puppy! I hope your dog gets well quickly. I hope you get your memory book back too.