A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, June 15, 2007

TGIF !


So as long as it doesn't rain this afternoon we will be going to the race track tonight for Street Legals. However this will be the only time we go to the race track this weekend! :) I'm totally looking forward to sleeping in on Sat. and Sun!! Although I don't want to sleep the whole day away and I do have plans. I would like to catch up on some cleaning that has been missed over the past few weeks, like washing the sheets, washing windows and cleaning floors. Plus I would also like to get a hair cut, I feel like Mr.Mugs, I hate when my hair is in my face - I desperately need my bangs cut! I would also like to do a little shopping on Sat. for new pants and a few summer tops. I received my cheque from the insurance company the other day and the hubby says I get to spend $500 of it!! WOW - I don't think I will, I'm much too cheap to spend that much money on myself! I will probably only spend $200 and put the rest towards bills!?!
On Sunday we plan on going visiting, cause we haven't done it for a really long time, and stopping at the in-laws after to give the FIL his Father's Day gift. Then we are headed to my brothers for a BBQ for my Dad, I need to bring "my salad" so I will be making that on Sat. night. I'm excited to go see my brother, not that I'm excited to see him but more that I'm excited to see the kids! I wish we lived closer and I could visit them more often!
I'm sooooo grouchy lately! Especially at work, I'm not sure why but I feel like I need a break!? I just had holidays, everything here frustrates me, I feel like my boss is "baby sitting" me - always listening in to my phone calls with customers and doesn't let me try to find things on my own. He will automatically pop his head out of his office and answer my question or interrupt my conversation. And if a customer walks in he jumps out of his chair too see what they need, I feel like he doesn't think I can do the job!? I'm sure he only does it to be helpful but to be frank it annoys the hell out of me! I heard on the radio this morning that they are raising minimum wage again to $8 which also boils my blood! WTF ?? When do I get a raise? I did just get a raise but it was so pathetic they may as well not even bothered!? I think I would be better off to quit and get re-hired, I would probably end up making more !? A lot of people are quiting and not because the company sucks but only because they need to go where the money's at. I work for a smaller company that honestly can't compete with the larger companies or dealerships when it comes to wages. However because this company is so much smaller they treat you as a member of their family and not just a number, like larger companies tend to do. So it's kinda a toss up .... smaller company = smaller wage but you get treated like a family member OR larger company = larger wage but upper management doesn't even know your name!? Maybe I'll feel better after a weekend off! ? Or at least you can hope !! ;)

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

Have fun this weekend.

Hope you feel better after you get some sleep.

Luv you!

Chris H said...

Ahh, jobs! Glad sometimes I don't have one! I don't think I could take being told what to do and how to do it anymore... hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend and feel better about the job on MOnday.... though somehow I doubt it..no one but me likes MOndays !!! lol