A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Fun Friday!


Rain, rain, go away ......
It seems like we have had nothing but rain for the past week!? Storm warnings and tornado warnings seem to be quite common now a days! We are suppose to be at the race track tonight for street legals but I'm thinking they are going to cancel them due to all the wet stuff falling out of the sky! ? Last night after I took my dog for her walk I was looking at my flowers and I was surprised to see that even with all this rain we have gotten they look like they might be drying out and dying? Maybe they need more sun? Maybe I planted then in the wrong spot in my flower beds? Who knows!? I think next year I will just stick too petunias they are way easier! ;) Oh, and speaking of my dog ... she seems to be doing much better, we have now had two nights in a row that we were not woken up by her coughing! Either she isn't coughing as much at night or I'm just so tried from lake of sleep that I just don't hear her anymore! ? ;)

Tomorrow we have a 75th birthday party to attend, hubbies Grandma. My in-laws are putting on a BBQ in their backyard and I'm in charge of bringing my salad! Hopefully the weather is nice for it. I was also invited to the hubbies cousins wedding shower that is going on tomorrow as well but unfortunately I can not attend. After the BBQ we were thinking of heading to the track and visiting with friends maybe have a few drinks with them! :0 I think it all depends on the weather though!? Here is 'my salad' recipe:
Sunflower Salad (a.k.a.-Leanne's salad)
1 head of cabbage - shredded thin
1/2C. chopped green onion
1/2C. chopped celery
3 pkgs "Mr.Noodle" (chicken flavor) - crumbled
--------- reserve 1 1/2 pkgs for later -------------
**** MIX ALL TOGETHER ****
** DRESSING **
1C. oil (I only use about 3/4C)
4 Tbsp Sugar (I use Splenda)
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
3 pkgs chicken base (came with "Mr.Noodle" pkgs)
***** MIX ALL TOGETHER *****
--- MARINATE OVER NIGHT ---
>>> NEXT DAY <<<
1C. sunflower seeds (toasted)
1C. sliced almonds (toasted)
last 1 1/2pkg "Mr.Noodle" (crumbled)
*** MIX WELL TOGETHER ***
!!! READY TO SERVE !!!

I still have not found my scrapbooks that I have been searching for and I am now almost certain that they must be at my Dads! It's either that or I loaned them to someone and forgot to get them back!? I did how ever find my "Treasure Album - School Days" book! It has all my school pics in it and class pics, I plan on scanning them and posting them on the school groups on Facebook. I was flipping through the book last night and was slightly surprised at how much of a pack rat I was as a kid, I have letters from friends and copies of my poor attendance record. I thought those books were to keep things that were accomplishments!? he he

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

Sometimes looking back isn't always about the good stuff. It's great to see how far you have come sometimes.

I'm totaly going to write down your salid rec, it rocks!

It can rain all it wants this weekend. Next weekend however it can stop. I'm looking forward to my anver as well as C-say fire works!