A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wednesday Weigh in

Week 37 =177.6lbs
(-1lb)

I'm actually a little surprised by this weigh in, yesterday I mentioned how I snuck a peak on the scale and liked the number - well it was lower then the number I got today and I'm not really sure why!? I walked a lot yesterday and thought I burned a bunch of calories, I followed the NS plan 98% eating only NS meals for most of the day (except for my snack - I had a 100cal bag of popcorn, which shouldn't have made that much of a difference)? But yesterday I saw 175 on the scale and today was two pounds more! Not that I'm upset with my -1lb loss, I think it's great, I just would have liked to see that 175 again!? I'm sure I'll see it again, maybe next week!? ;)

My hubby had a meeting last night with his boss/ co-partner, I don't think this job is going to work out for him. He is more miserable working with this guy then he was working for the other company! I don't think it is ever a good idea to mix friendship with business, we have never had a good experience with it anyway!? Ideally I think my hubby would do good being his own boss and getting his own jobs so that he can set his hours but the thought of not knowing how long you need to make your paychecks last kinda scares me! I like the idea of knowing I get paid on the 15th and 30th of every month and I know it is for X amount! This way you get to plan things better, if you want to make a large purchase you know that you can afford it, I think that having your own business you are always living in the unknown or the what if factor! What if you don't get paid by this customer that seemed to be nice in the beginning but now has turned into a jerk!? What if you can't find a job for a few weeks and need to make your last cheque stretch for longer then expected? But if I don't let him try to do it on his own again then he will just be miserable working for other people! I wish I could take an accounting class and then I would know more of the secrets to writing off things when you own your own company!

Meanwhile on the news this morning they were talking about how taxes were going to be going up 10% and gas prices keep rising but yet my wage still remains the same!? I feel sorry for kids now that are trying to get a start in life and buy a house or start a family!? I think they need to have a really good job just to get a house and in order to live comfortably they may even have to take on a second job!? I sometimes wish we were back in 1960, I think I would have enjoyed living in that era!? People were more social and respectful and even though you only made a few dollars a day it worked out for buying things. It seemed to be a simpler life even though you worked harder. There were less chemicals in our food and everyone seemed to help each other out. You don't get any of that now a days and I'm sure it will just get worse for the next generation!

4 comments:

VegasGirl said...

Aww...sorry the scale didn't way what you wanted, but it is still a loss!! *hugs*

Yeah, it is craziness trying to become a "grown-up" these days. My friends and I are all leaving college with this HUGE debt. Most of us at least $8,000 to $10,000 (for 4 year college) and coming out of school to get $26,000 a year jobs. WTH?!?! It is hard to climb your way out of debt with that type of money and much harder to find a house that we can afford. So sad!

Denise Potter said...

I agree with you girl, the world seems to be suckier!!! I think the boom here in AB is most of the cause. Sure its great blah, blah, blah, but it also sucks, more ppl = more violence/ more ppl = less afordible housing and so on and so on.

I look at ppl like danna who may have to move to sask and think sucky!!!! I'd miss her sooooooo much!!! And it's not like they both work at Mc D's!!!!! I wonder what the hell a single mother with no education is doing to live right now!?

Anyways
Luv you, congrates on the loss.

Fatinah said...

Congrats on your loss! Awesome job!! I will say this though, maybe this is why we shouldn't make sneak-peaks at the scale! HAHAHA!!
Hey, I heard today on the radio that the average person in Alberta is making $21/hour...crazy!

Anonymous said...

I think that things might have seemed better back then, but we have a lot more freedom now that we women did back then. Now you are allowed to work outside the home if you want to, they didn't have a choice. You can still stay home, though, which is nice to have an option. The money thing does suck, but at least women have more respect than they did before and are equal partners in their relationship instead of being told what to do and thought of as housekeepers and baby makers...