A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday Weigh in!

Week 36 = 178.6lbs
(-0.6lbs)

It feels like we ate out a lot this week, I don't think I have had a NS meal in a long time? So, I am quite happy with my little loss this week - it shows me that I did make good decisions when we did eat out and I never over did it but I still enjoyed myself and the meals I chose! It's not like every time I only let myself have soup and salad, I had full meals with a starter salad. I just made sure that I paid a little more attention to that 'full' feeling (forcing myself to put the fork down) and I substituted my fries for veggies. Today I started a food journal, I am hoping that I will be able to see how my choices affect the weight loss - see what works and what doesn't!? I will keep track of my calories on SparkPeople, it is a pretty handy website full of ideas and suggestions - if you haven't checked it out yet you should click on the link! I also noticed today that even though I have lost weight in pounds I noticed that according to my WW scale I have gained BF! I need to start doing my Pilate's again to strengthen my muscles and burn off some of this fat! I can only assume that the weight I did loose is probably water weight, with me being sick I have been incredibly thirsty and have been drinking a ton of water and tea! Hopefully I can get rid of this cold and get some of my energy back!

Yesterday was grocery shopping day (10% Tuesday and dollar days), it was really busy there and of course I got the defective buggy! It was so hard to get it to turn, plus I had little energy so it wasn't a very good combination. Needless to say that by the time I got home, unloaded the car and put everything away I was done for the day! No dog walking last night, instead I opted for a nice hot bath and relaxed before bed time! I didn't have a very good sleep though, I was woken up every couple hours due to a nasal issue!!! EWWW I hate colds and being sick, I watched a show on Slice called Newlywed Nearly Dead where the hubby was a germaphobic and his new wife had some nose condition where she had to keep blowing it all the time!? Anyway, she left all her snotty tissues all over the place, which grossed the hubby out so the show gave them one of those black lights like you see on CSI and he shinned it on her hands ..... it was discusting! That's all I'm gonna say! A real eye opener on why you need to wash your hands, especially when your sick!

4 comments:

Denise Potter said...

I saw that same show. I do agree that the wife was nasty with the dishes and the tissues. But the hubby was a self centered jerk! Way to in love with himself, lookin in the mirror all the time, WTF was with that!
They both needed the wake up call, and I think the black light may have made him germ prob worse! I didn't get to see the end couse of Evan, did it all work out?

VegasGirl said...

Ewww! That seems so icky! A light to see all the little germs squiggling around everywhere. *shudders*

I hope you get to feeling better soon! It seems like everyone is coming down with some sort of cold. *goes to wash hands*

Annieann77 said...

hehe - Yeah he was odd, worked in a morg and was so high on himself but really I didn't think he looked that great at all!? !?

I can't really remember how it ended - I know she was beter at cleaning up her snot rags then he was at not looking at himself! And I also agree that the black light made his obsession worse!? Weirdo ! :)

Kim L said...

Yay for the loss! The little ones definitely add up!