A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Look who found there way home!

Look who greeted me when I got home yesterday !! YAH!! :)

Only 2 more bears to go before I get my goal bear! I'm excited for the next one's, not only because it means I'm that much closer to goal but because they are completely different colors then the ones I have. All the bears I have so far seem to be either a shade of red or blue, none of them really stand out but 80lb is orange and 90 is black so they will look awesome beside all the red/ blue bears! ?



As you all probably know, I have been recording my daily meals on SparkPeople but was a little surprised by my first entry being so high!? I noticed that on Carb Addict's she has been recording her meals on FitDay, so I thought I would enter my info on both and compare the two, here are my results:

Day 1 (Wed)
SparkPeople = 1907 calories, 56g Fat, 244g Carbs, 94g Protein
Fit Day = 1610 calories, 38g Fat, 249g Carbs, 83g Protein



Day 2 (Thur)
SparkPeople = 1666 cals, 52g Fat, 184g Carbs, 94g Protein
FitDay = 1500 cals, 35g Fat, 232g Carbs, 95g Protein



Day 3 (Fri)
SparkPeople = 1365 cals, 34g Fat, 222g Carbs, 46g Protein
FitDay = 1376 cals, 26g Fat, 254g Carbs, 53g Protein




Day 4 (Sat)
SparkPeople = 1428 cals, 31g Fat, 213g Carbs, 57g Protein
FitDay = 1330 cals, 28g Fat, 223g Carbs, 60g Protein



Day 5 (Sun)
SparkPeople = 1471 cals, 43g Fat, 181g Carbs, 65g Protein
FitDay = 1273 cals, 33g Fat, 190g Carbs, 70g Protein



Day 6 (Mon)
SparkPeople = 1275 cals, 28g Fat, 199g Carbs, 62g Protein
FitDay = 1379 cals, 32gFat, 238g Carbs, 56g Protein



So as you can see I got completely different results from both websites ? I entered everything the same but the programs differed between the calorie count in things like fruit and veggies? I found that SparkPeople was way easier to enter info on and also had a ton of other things I could check out while on their website. I liked how Fitday had the daily percentages and a little pie chart that made it easy to see your stats but it was hard to find certain foods and I couldn't find a place to enter foods that I eat all the time to make it easier for next time. SparkPeople had a "favorites" section on their site to make it easier to locate foods you eat all the time?! I found that keeping track of all my food in a journal seemed fairly easy to do everyday but it was quite a pain entering it all into the computer!? I'm not sure if I will continue journaling my meals on the computer, maybe just in my little book!? I will find out tomorrow just how good my week was but according to my journal it looks like I over did it? I did sneak a peak on the scale this morning and it did look really good, I think I know what I'm doing for the most part and I may just track it in the book, this way if I do have a week that I gained I can go back and see where I went wrong.



I think the thing I liked the most about NS is the fact that it is mindless eating, you follow the plan and it just works - no counting calories, no adding up points. I now choose foods that are low fat, low cal, high protein and low GI. I eat about 75% more fruits and veggies then I did before and 110% more water, I feel that as long as I follow these basic rules of healthy eating I should be fine!? I think the journaling may make me resent the new lifestyle, I'll give it another week -journaling in the book but NOT the computer, it was just way too much work?! he he

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

I say get yourself a fun book and do it manual. It makes way more sense to me.

Computers are great. But are you really going to want to log on when your at home or at the track?

A book and pen can go anywhere. I computer (even your lap top) is a little harder to lug around.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Luv you!