A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Fun Friday!

Well I braved the elements yesterday and after supper I took the dog for her walk! It wasn't too bad, I found an umbrella in our trailer and a wind breaker type jacket that kept a lot of the rain off. I think it was more of a work out drying off the dog when we got home then the whole walk was!? I wish I had a rain coat for her, like this dog! LOL I could not believe the number of worms we saw on our walk, it was disgusting! Like little snakes all over the sidewalk! Ewwww - I tried hard not to step on any but there was just too many! I think we have a worm epidemic, last fall it was ants and now it looks like this spring it's worms! Now don't get me wrong I don't mind worms
but I believe that there is a place for them ....like in the garden and only in the garden! I think if I had a little boy he would have been outside collecting a bucket full of those slimy little creatures!




They cancelled the Street Legal race that was suppose to go on tonight, no surprise -- it's just way too wet. I think the track needs to re-evaluate their summer schedule and start later /finish later. They always plan the first race too early and I don't think they ever get to run it cause the weather just doesn't co-operate and then in the fall when we could still be racing the season is over!?




So as you probably know, I started my food journal and I have been recording everything I eat on SparkPeople, I'm not sure if I like it? So far it says that on Wednesday I ate 1907 calories!! and Thursday wasn't much better at 1666 calories!! YIKES Seems a little high to me? I don't think that I can be loosing weight eating that many calories!? I'll keep recording my meals for this week and see what my weigh in says, maybe it is right? I have been eating more meals "on my own" - maybe I'm just not that great at counting calories!? Which is probably why I didn't do too good when I tried Weight Watchers!?



I brought one of my mango's today for my afternoon snack, I'll have to keep you updated with how that goes!? It still seemed a little firm when I cut it up this morning so I brought an extra apple just in case it's not ripe enough yet! he he.

I also just want to say that I now realize I have a new addiction ..... FACEBOOK -- It is so addicting, I keep checking it to see if there are any new friends that I know or if anyone wrote on my wall! Seriously if you haven't checked it out and signed up you totally should and I completely blame Michelle for my new addiction! thanks ;)


What is your favorite summer activity?
Walking
Swimming
Drinking Beer
Sleeping
Hiking
Driving
Gardening
Biking
Other

View Results




Summer Fun


2 comments:

Chris H said...

So glad we don't have your facebook thingee here, I so don't need any more addictions! Blogging is quite enough! Have a wonderful weekend.

Denise Potter said...

i have an acount started but I haven't had time to really get into it. From what your saying I don't think I will. Blogging is enoph for me too.

Bye!