A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, May 07, 2007

~~ Busy weekend ~~

This weekend was quite busy, just the beginning of a busy summer I think! It rained all day Friday so the races got cancelled. Saturday I had to work at my day job which was incredible boring, except for the fight I got into with one of our drivers! She is double my age and half as mature, it was quite exciting! And now of course today is a little tens and feels awkward between us!? Oh well, I'm on holiday's next week -- I just have to get through this week and then I can relax for a whole week.... kinda!? I do have some "spring cleaning" I would like to do that week and a couple other projects I would like to get done but I'm sure the week will fly by and I won't be able to get half the things done that I want!




Thankfully I was able to get most of my house cleaning done after work on Saturday cause Sunday was a full day at the track. Here is a picture of my new summer weekend home. It is the drag tower, where I sit all day and type the car numbers into the computer. It was really nice out, the sun was hot but the air was cold so that means fast cars and lots of breaking! Because of all the rain we had over the past week we were having a hard time getting all the sensors working, eventually we just gave up and only got the "important" ones working! The regular lady that works in the tower with me was not there yesterday so I had to work with a new lady, who supposedly does the computer work all the time but just in a different city. Well every time I asked her to help me so I could run to the bathroom I would come back to a world of confusion! She messed it all up! grrr - no more bathroom breaks for me when she's there! This coming weekend should be a challenge for me, we will most likely be staying out at the track for the entire weekend, which means I need to pack all my clothes and meals for 3 straight days plus I also need to make sure all the dogs things are packed (food, dishes, treats, and meds)!! I need to pack foods that are easy to eat without needing to be warmed up for lunches and I also need to pack foods that are easy to make for dinners. I'm still trying to figure out how I will cook my veggies for supper, microwaving would probably be the easiest and the quickest but then we have to go buy a small microwave for the trailer! But like I've said before ... we do live close enough to the track that if need be I could run home for what ever reason.




Needless to say I was quite tired this morning with all the things going on over the weekend, the drive to work was almost a mini-challenge on it's own! Early to bed tonight! LOL

I'm not even 30 yet or have kids! I don't know how I'm going to survive off of less then 8 hours of sleep when we have kids! ? he he




I watched the finale of Amazing Race last night and I must say that I am happy with who won, I didn't really want the 'little person' team to win, I found them to be quite rude and obnoxious!? And the blonde's weren't much better! I think the team that won deserved it, they got "yielded" twice and seemed to have a way harder time then the other teams when it came to flights and taxi's!? Now I don't know what I'm going to do on Sunday nights!

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

i know how you feel about sundays! Apprentace is done, now amazing race! I wasn't happy with who won, I thought the other two teams where great! The ppl who won complained about getting yeilded. It's part of the bloody game! Get over it! She was a b with an itch and he's an ass. Nope I thought the other teams used their brains to get to the final three. Oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

LUV YA!