A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back at work! ? BOO :(


Well, I'm back at work today :( Of course I'm going to say my holidays were too short cause that's what everyone says and it's true! I am totally looking forward to retirement and I'm about halfway there! LOL I suppose the good thing is that my job is fairly stress-free, the worst part of my job is sometimes finding enough things to make the day go by quicker !



Yesterday I was talking to the neighbor about gardening and it made me realize just how much of a dummy I am when it comes to gardening !! Everyone I would talk to would tell me that if you plant bulbs you should always plant odd numbers and I guess I never really understood what they meant. I'm more of a symmetrical person and find that I always need to have a match or pair of things never an odd number! So I just kinda brushed them off thinking that I am just going to make my garden the way I want and have both sides look the same, not odd!? Well I realized yesterday that when people were telling me about planting odd numbers it wasn't want I thought it meant! As you know I planted tulips last fall and now that they are coming up I'm not really happy about how sporadic they are popping up and how some have blooms and other's just look like grass leaves in my garden. Well, this is because I only planted one bulb per hole! ha ha And now I realize that I should have put and odd number of bulbs in one hole! ? DUH I thought they meant that instead of making my garden match I should throw in an odd number for esthetics's?! So I think that later this year (in the fall) I might buy some more tulip bulbs and try to remember where the ones are right now and add to them !?




Both Friday and Saturday was suppose to be racing but the weather wasn't very nice and of course after we drove all the way out there they ended up calling them!? grrr Gas prices keep going up, right now we are at $121.9/ litre!! It's crazy - no need for the price to keep going up! I wish my wage went up as much as everything else!



On Monday my brother's family and my hubby and I took my mom out for dinner. We went to The Cheesecake Cafe, their menu was huge and the selection of different cheesecakes even bigger! I thought the meal was good but the service was horrible!! We got there fairly early (4:30) to try and beat the rush but never even got our food till after 6!! We didn't get out of there till 7! Two and a half hours for supper is not acceptable! Especially with the kids there, they were OK for most of it but by 6:30 (just after supper got there) Kenzie had enough! She started getting cranky !! I don't blame her I was so hungry by the time supper got there that I think I ate it way too fast and got a tummy ache! Although the food was OK and the selection was huge I don't think we will be going back!

5 comments:

Denise Potter said...

did you go to the one on 170 st? It sure sounds like it. I was there almost 4 years ago and got the same crappy service, so I've never gone back.

About the tullips, I can only tell you what I plan on doing. Plant 1 bulb per hole (you got that part right) but plant 5 one one side like this:

x x x
x x

or something like that.
Then you can always put multipule groups of five or even three

x x
x

You can still make your beds semtrical just plant two setts of 5 or 3 on either end.

Thats what I would do, but it's your garden. What ever you want to do your the one who gets to enjoy it the most.

Luv you girl!

Denise Potter said...

sorry the second row of x's are supposted to be centered in the spaces of the top row.

Annieann77 said...

I thought they meant to put more then one bulb per hole?

So one per hole is good? Cause it kinda looks silly with only one plant every couple inches?

VegasGirl said...

I'm awful at gardening, but I'm trying to learn too! I'm working on a veggie/herb garden right now, so if you have any good tips, I'd love to hear them!

Gas prices are $3.30 here and I am still having a hard time believing it. *sigh* It is really making us cut back on some of our other expenses. It is definitely slowing down my collection rate for extra Vegas funds and even more so it is slowing down our collection/saving for a house fund.

Chris H said...

Try putting popsicle sticks by every tulip, that way you can remember where they are in the fall? Petrol prices!!! It's $1.79 a litre here mate!!!