A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Weekend bliss ...

Yes it's the weekend and I'm at work! It seems like the only time I have to post here is when I'm at work - shhh don't tell the boss! LOL Yesterday we had to go to the hubby's Grandfathers house to have cake for his 85th birthday! It was quite a house full and really noisy with all the great grandchildren running around. The evening was ok until my MIL asked me if I wanted some Lemon Chicken that she made for supper to take home (even though we weren't even at her house?) and then she says "oh, I guess you can't have that cause it's deep fried?" And the only thing I could think was - who the heck told you I was on a diet?? It shocked me to hear her talk to me about it. She is a really nice MIL but if you want a secret to be told, she is the one you tell the secret too cause in a matter of hours the whole world will know! grrr Now I'm all stressed that she is going to tell the whole family that I am trying to loose weight! I really didn't want the whole family to know, I hate when I'm under a spot light and I feel like everyone is staring at me to see the new me ! I wish my hubby never told her anything but apparently she asked him why I didn't eat any of the sweets when we went over to visit anymore !? *sigh* Oh well, I just hope that she doesn't think it's ok to talk to me about it now, just let me do my thing and I'll be happy!

This weekend is super busy! After work today I have to go grocery shopping for supplies to make dinner on Sunday, stop at the bank, take the dog for a walk, and hopefully get a little house cleaning done. Then Sunday is Grey Cup day and we invited people over to watch the game so I need to make chili and salad for them, finish cleaning my house, take the dog for her daily walk and hopefully hang Christmas lights outside! Since we had to go to Grandpa's last night for cake and Thursday we had bowling I missed two days of taking the dog for her walk so for the next two days I need to go a little further to make up for it!

I just realized that it is 11:00am and I haven't ate my breakfast yet! WTH? Now it is almost lunch time? I never seem quite as hungry on weekends as I do during the week. Or maybe it's because i haven't been using as much energy lately so my body doesn't think it is hungry? So I better go eat my breakfast now even though I hate eating even when I'm not hungry- it goes against all my old diet habits? But look where they got me ! he he

No comments: