A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

~~Trivia Tuesday~~


Did you know??? -The average strawberry has about 200 seeds. Strawberry seeds are all those little bumpy spots on the surface of the berry.



-There is a centuries old custom that if you break a double strawberry in half and share it with someone else, they will fall in love.


-Strawberries were once avoided by pregnant women because it was believed that their children would be born with strawberry birth marks.


-The U.S. is the leading producer of strawberries, and supplies about 20% of the world's strawberries. California grows about 75% of U.S. strawberries.

-Strawberries are low fat, low calorie; high in vitamin C, fiber, folic acid, potassium


Have you ever had one of those mornings where you looked in the mirror and actually felt good about what you saw !? It's been a long time since I have had that feeling and this morning I felt it !! And to make it even better I went to do up my belt and I'm up another notch! So maybe I'll see high numbers on the scale tomorrow! Although I have felt this way before and the scale didn't agree with me!? he he

Took the dog for her daily walk yesterday but this time I thought I would bring my disc man with me. So I start walking, push play and on comes the Beach Boys - California Girls!! Which was quite funny to listen to as I walked in ankle deep snow. But it did seem to make me pick up my pace a bit and I found myself skipping along to the music, I wonder if anyone could tell I was dancing in my insulated coveralls and my Sorel boots? Walking in the snow sure is a workout, I probably add about 10lbs with all my winter gear on! By the time I get home I have to get changed out of my clothes cause I'm so sweaty!







No comments: