A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Back to work

The weekend was good and flew by as usual, Saturday we had the racing banquet to attend and surprisingly the track manager bought our tickets for us!! So the evening was entirely free - can't complain about that! Saturday morning I went shopping for a new outfit and found a nice pair of black dress pants at Reitmans, unfortunately I'm still in the plus size section but I was a 14 plus so that's borderline "normal" clothes! I found a cute top as well but decided not to buy it cause it was a tank top style and I figured it wasn't very good for -20C!! I also picked up a new pair of jeans that were on sale! After shopping I stopped to get my hair cut, which is fairly short now but I like it that way. At the banquet I did get quite a few comments but mostly from people that knew I was on a diet and some people just commented on my hair?? The dinner was amazing and if my stomach was bigger I probably would have went for seconds but I was so full that I couldn't go up again (which is good). I tried to stay mostly on track, it was a buffet meal so I looked it over first and then planned what I really wanted and what I could skip. They also had fairly healthy desserts - chocolate covered strawberries and banana's so I had a couple of them. I was actually quite surprised at the fact that my plate was fairly empty (compared to before I was on a diet) - I could still see sections of my plate and I couldn't even finish what was on it! I was so full but I do think I might have over eaten just a little cause the next day I was hungry all day!? We stayed fairly late after dinner but didn't dance - just socialized and I even won a door prize!! Yeah!



I found this quiz on Lynn's blog and thought it was really cute! You should try it!

You Are 55% Left Brained, 45% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.
The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.
Are You Right or Left Brained?


Looks like I'm almost even! he he I like to think that I am both artistic and smart and now this says I am! LOL


1 comment:

Elaniom said...

Unbelievably, I came out 50:50 on the Left right brain thing!! Freaky!