A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Trivia Tuesday!

Did you know?? : The potato is a relative of tobacco and the tomato.

Up until the late 18th century, the French believed that potatoes caused leprosy. My husband always says that "potatoes hurt his feet" I just thought he was nuts ..... maybe they really do? LOL


During the Alaskan Klondike gold rush, (1897-1898) potatoes were practically worth their weight in gold. Potatoes were so valued for their vitamin C content that miners traded gold for potatoes.


In 1952, Mr. Potato Head was born, and was also the first toy to be advertised on television.



About 3 1/2 years ago I quit smoking, cold turkey. It was hard and sometimes I still think about it and how easy it would be to start again. I like to compare quiting smoking to loosing weight because I believe they are kinda the same. Both are addiction related and both are habit forming. I always swore that I would never be one of those "reformed smokers" that always complained about it and try to tell everyone how much better I feel now, but it's true and I find myself becoming more disgusted by the smell of smoke that it turns my stomach. I bring this up because last night we put our Christmas tree up, it's not a new tree, it's a tree we got off of the MIL and before that it was my Grandma's (both heavy smokers). The tree is still in really good shape and it's a really nice tree but as we were putting it together I said to my hubby that it smelt "funny" he said "yup, smells like cigarette smoke" and then I recognized the smell and that's all I could smell! YUK ! So I think I need to go buy some pine smelling air fresheners - the little tree ones, to hang on our tree to make it smell better cause right now it is quite disgusting! So for those of you that are smokers I highly recommend quiting, you really do feel better! Kay, I'm done my "get healthy - quit smoking" pitch! he he


It is suppose to get down to -20C as a high on Friday !!! With a low of -30C!! It's not even December yet! I think we have been spoiled the last couple of years and this year is going to be a doozy! Last year we never even saw any snow until Christmas eve! I'm going to have to wear my insulated coveralls to work! he he

No comments: