A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday fun facts!


Are we really? It could be true, my hubby eats alot of sweets and he is generally a pretty sweet guy? LOL But seriously I don't think this statment is true, there are lots of people out there that eat alot of food that is fattening but yet they still keep their girlish figure! I often wonder, even though they look good on the outside how healthy are they really on the inside?
Today's fun fact is for my mom, she loves this stuff and I'm not really sure why? I don't particularily care for it but as you can see it is really good for you so keep eatting it mom!
Asparagus:
Asparagus may be eaten raw and it is also delicious cooked as a side dish or in soup. It is high in folic acid content and low in calories, providing less than 4 calories for each spear. It is high in potassium and folacin and is a good source of vitamin B6 and thiamin. It also is a very rich source for rutin which strengthens the wall of capillaries. Asparagus also supplies some iron, calcium, and vitamins A and C.

No comments: