A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thoughts .....

My thoughts for today are going to be on luck! I believe that luck is all determined on the amount of risks you take. It all depends on certain choices you make, if someone thinks they always have bad luck I would tend to think that it was because of bad choices! If you take a second mortgage out on your house just to gamble it away and loose all your savings it's not because you are unlucky, it's because you made a really bad choice! If you become pregnant at a young age it is usually also because of a bad choice. Almost all unlucky situations I can think of boil down to one bad choice. Yesterday the 6/49 lotto was apparently really high - 35 million I think? So everyone at work put a couple bucks in and we bought some tickets, of course we didn't win anything but there is always hope! I rarely buy lotto tickets because I never win but you have to buy in order to win, right? I have always thought that I have been naturally lucky but I think it's because I don't take too many risks, I like to live a simple life knowing what I can expect tomorrow. When I invest money I hate the thought that I am not guaranteed the same amount i put in so I usually invest in low risk investments, which I know will never really get me anywhere but its safe.




Last night I took the dog for her walk and decided I would go to this field that is fairly close to home. I thought it would be a good work out walking through the knee deep snow - which it was but we came home with only three out of the four new booties we bought for her!! grrrr I was so upset about it, she's only worn them like three times and already we lost one?! What good are three booties?? Unless you had a three legged dog! So my hubby takes me back to the field in search of the missing boot! Luckily we found it right away, right at the beginning of the field. I liked hiking through the field it was a good work out but I don't want to loose one of her booties - those things cost alot of money!! Maybe I'll just stick to the paved paths.... less risk of loosing a boot!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Leanne, I needed a good chuckle today. Picturing some 3 legged dog that inherits Roxie's booties. Better take them off before you get to the field next time.