A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Fun Facts !! :)


Interesting facts about water
Did you know that depression and fatigue can often be cured by drinking a glass or two of water?


Our bodies consist of 55 – 75% water.


Depression and fatigue are often symptoms of dehydration.


It is healthy to drink water with meals, as it aids the process of digestion.


The best way of getting rid of water retention is to drink a lot of water.


Water allows the body to metabolise fats more efficiently.


Good water intake prevents the skin from sagging.


Water is the main food the body needs.


The thirst reflex only appears when our bodies are already dehydrated.


Children dehydrate more quickly than adults do, and a survey revealed that 65% of schoolchildren drank too little water.


A 2% reduction of water levels in the body can lead to a 20% decrease in mental and physical performance.


Dehydration may induce contractions in pregnant women.

A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water.



I think the last point is the most amazing! I personally never really liked water and still I have days were I would rather have something else. I used to believe that the only good thing water was for was "flushing" out your system, but now that I have embraced it a little more I actually drink water more then any other liquid and it's by choice! Not just because I'm trying to loose weight!



I've been watching "The Biggest Loser" every week and I do quite enjoy the show but I wish they would have more weight loss tips on the show. Maybe show us what kinds of foods these people are eating and exactly how often do they go to the gym? Just how hard is it to loose 5-8lbs (on average) every week?? They only recommend that you loose 1-2lbs a week for a "healthy" weight loss!? I honestly don't think that most of them will be able to keep the weight off because they are loosing it so fast that they have no time to develop new habits. Anyway I was wondering how they figure out the % of body weight that each one has lost every week so I went onto their website and someone else had asked the question so I figured out my % of weight loss so far - I think it is quite amazing!!



So you take your present weight and subtract it by the weight you started at, then divided the amount of weight lost by your starting weight and times that by 100. So here is mine:



251.8-218.8=33lbs 33/251.8=0.131 0.131x100=13% WOW!



So I have lost 13% of my body weight so far!! and by the time I get to my goal I would have lost 36.5% of my body weight !! It sounds like such a big number ... to me anyway!?

No comments: