A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

~~Week 12 Weigh in ~~

Another weigh in day and I am pleased to say that I have lost more pounds! I'm so amazed that I have yet to have gained weight for the week or have no change at all? There are so many profiles I have veiwed that have at least one bad week? I'm just waiting for my "bad" week to show up ! So for this week I lost another -2.2lbs! Which makes for a grand total of -36.6lbs!!! My mini-challenge with Jordanna seems to be going great and I think I will kick her butt! LOL I was thinking this morning that I never ever considered myself to be obese, I just always thought I was "fluffy" or big boned! But the truth is that even though I have lost almost 37lbs I am still considered obese according to my BMI.

I think it is funny how people view themselfs. Even when I was at my highest weight I would look in the mirror and feel somewhat good about myself but if I saw a picture of me it was hard for me to believe that I was that big. I would blame the way I looked in the picture on everything ..... "oh, it's the way I'm sitting" or "it's the outfit" I would never blame the extra slice of pizza of the egg Mcmuffin I had the day before. I'm kinda scared to take a picture of me now cause I'm worried that the picture won't depict what I feel and I will look at the picture and still see the fat girl!? I still have yet to hear any comments from people that dont know I was trying to loose weight? Only the people I have told that I am on a diet have mentioned anything? I find that weird!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great week, Leanne!! Keep it up, you're looking fantastic but more importantly it's the way you feel. And don't forget, the camera adds 10 lbs!!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. When I look in the mirror, I see the guy who played football and baseball in high school, not the guy that can’t go a week without steak and taters! The mental image that I have of myself is from high school. It makes me wonder why my brain has never taken the time to update that self-image. I certainly see myself in the mirror often enough. Maybe it’s still in denial.

I find it funny though, that you mentioned only hearing things from the people you have told you were on the diet. I find the same thing to be true. I have told a few people at work, and they’re the only ones that have mentioned me looking “thinner.” I guess I shouldn’t scoff at encouragement, but it makes you wonder if they really do see a change sometimes.

~WaywordSoul~

Jules said...

Wow, that's so great!!! I'm so proud of you!!! Keep at it!

Annieann77 said...

Thanks Julie! I keep telling Jordanna that people are looking for her and miss her funny post but she is still too busy for blogging rightnow :( But soon she should be coming back! lol