A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thoughts ....

This week I would like to post a subject that I'm sure will get people talking! It is a subject that nobody likes to bring up around friends because it does cause such a controversy. It is like talking about politics right before an election, nobody ever really admits who they are going to vote for because they don't want to have to justify why they believe in that party. This week I would like to post my thoughts on Spirituality!

Now I would like to start by saying that everyone is entitled to their opinion and once again these are just my thoughts, so sorry if I offend anyone!? I am the type of person that is more mathematical then scientific, a+b=ab. I personally have never had any experience with ghosts or spirits. I'm not really 100% convinced that there is such a thing as life after death. I believe that when your dead you are dead, that's it. I don't believe that I was someone else is a previous life and I don't believe that ghosts haunt you. The biggest reason for my believes is probably because I have never encountered a spirit or ghost.

Now I would like to note that I was involved with a youth group as a teen (IOJD) and it studied the Story of Job which we had to memorize. So I pretty much know all about his trials and tribulations. My whole idea of God is hard for me to describe, I do say a prayer almost everyday (especially if I see a sick or dying animal) and I do find that I talk to Him when I'm in need of answers. But I also believe in the Evolution theory and I'm not too convinced on the whole Adam and Eve story? Being in the youth group we had to go on "church parades" and visit different churches. I have been to a Church of Jesus Christ and Latter day Saints and got my free book of Mormon. I have visited a Sikh temple and ate there little nut mixture and sat on the floor. I've been to a Jewish synagogue and saw how they hide their bible behind this curtain. Along with going to various other Catholic, Anglican and Protestant churches. I find that I am very curious of different religions but yet I don't have one of my own.


Maybe I'm getting a little off topic now, I find myself wondering is spirituality linked to religion?? Do you need to have religion in order to have encounters with spirits? I think out of all the different churches I've visited Judaism interests me the most, can anyone become a Jew or do you have to be born one? I watched an episode of "Wife Swap" last week and one of the moms was Jewish and was explaining a bit about it and I found myself agreeing with alot of her beliefs. I think I am just generally a very curious person and tend to ask alot of questions.



No comments: