A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Weigh in Wednesday!


Week 49=168lbs

(-1.8lbs)



I feel like I am loosing more weight now than I did when I was actually trying!? I have been adding more protein/ dairy everyday and if I feel like having a snack I usually don't think twice about it. I am still trying to eat healthy and instead of having a cookie for a snack I would probably have a salad or apple. I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was hoping to see a 169 but was amazed at the 168!! I received my last NS order yesterday and too my disappointment there was only my 80lb bear in the box~!! I was so hoping they would feel pity on me and send my goal bear, seeing's how I wanted this to be my last order. I could call them and ask for them to send the rest of my bears out since I am so close to goal and probably won't be ordering anymore NS food but I kinda feel like I'm cheating if I do that?! I haven't really earned my goal bear yet or my 90lb bear and it may take me another 3 months to get to that point. I think I will just wait a bit and maybe in 2-3 months I will just put a ala carte order in and hopefully they will send my bears then (when I've earned them)!? If I ever do? :P



When I was at the farmer's market on the weekend I bought this soup (lentil soup) that all you have too do is add 10 cups of water to it and whala! So I decided to make it a few days ago, what I didn't know when I bought the bag of beans and seasoning is that it recommends to cook the soup on the stove for 2 hours!! Well with this heat wave we have been having I was not about to turn my stove on for 2 hours just to heat up the house. So instead they had instructions to cook it in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours! So this is how I cooked it, it turned out pretty good, I added extra carrots and onions to it. It turned out like split pea soup, next time I think I will add more protein like some chicken or ham!? It made enough soup for 6 days lunch, not bad for $6.00!

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

i say fib a little to get your bears over the next couple months then put the order in. add a couple of more ounces on your actule weigh in numbers.
Who's going to know?