A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, August 10, 2007

a big myth??

I remember before I started dieting everyone would tell you to make sure and drink 6-8 glasses of water! I always kind of thought that this was just a myth to help fill you up so you didn't eat as much!~? I tried not to drink too much water, I feel like I pee enough as it is and didn't really need help in that department! If anything I thought I would probably get more exercise from having to walk to the bathroom every hour! he he I am now a huge believer in making sure to get my 6-8 glasses of good ole H2O! As you probably already know I let loose a bit in Edson and ended up gaining +4lbs over the weekend (I blame the booze) LOL ;) But since Wednesday weigh in I have been back on track with my water intake and have drinking it like crazy! I am happy to say that this morning I snuck a peak at the scale and jumped on to see if I was doing any better, well I am back down to 169.4 (unofficial), yeah! I find it so odd that by just making sure to drink your water your weight can fluctuate that much!? I haven't changed my diet, in fact I feel like I am eating more now then I ever have and yet I am down 2.6lbs in 2 days! The only answer is that it was all water weight!?





We are suppose to be working at the race tack tonight but it is raining outside! So if it doesn't clear up by 4:00 this afternoon they will probably cancel the race, not that I would be too upset about that - it's just a street legal! ;) The rest of the weekend is suppose to be nice, it is the "bike drags" this weekend at the track and I think I will work it this time. I told them at the beginning of the year that I didn't want to do the bike's but I guess the lady doing my job at the last one sucked so they are kinda hoping that I will work this one, even though I have never really said I would and they have never really asked me if I would!? I'm not sure if we will work at the track full time next year or not, we didn't get anything done this year around the house! We had planned to do so much this year - finish or start the basement, side the garage, build new sheds, install the new sky light, finish the patio door .... the list goes on! We didn't get one of those things done and I think we will be lucky if we get the garage sided by my birthday party!




Well that's all for me today ..... gotta get to work now! ;) Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

kathyj333 said...

WOW. You have had some great success. It must feel wonderful to be so close your goal.

Chris H said...

Don't get me started on water!!!! I was told in no uncertain terms that in order to lose weight I HAD TO DRINK ALL THAT WATER!!! I lost 61 kilos and did not drink a drop.......????