A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tidbits


This weekend is the annual slow-pitch tournament in Edson. My hubbies family goes to it every year, they have a team that is entered to play and usually they do fairly good - especially for a team that only plays once a year! This weekend is kinda like a family reunion/ get together, it is nice cause my family never used to get together for anything except Christmas, Easter and maybe Thanksgiving! Games start Friday and teams come from all over to play, for the more serious leagues it is quite the tournament but for teams like ours it is all about having a good time! There are 24 diamonds and they are usually full from 8am till 8pm, all weekend! They usually have a "home run contest" that I have never gone to watch but have always wanted too, maybe this year? I played once on the team and was hurtin for like a week after! This year I will not be playing even though I am probably in better shape now then I was 3 years ago when I played? I'll play if they need me too but so far I'm not on the list. For the last couple of years our team name has been "Wickedly Awesome 2", we wore bright yellow and orange t-shirts with 6R and 9R on the backs of them so we were the 69R's ! he he This year they are changing our team name and jersey too a farm animal theme, I forget the name of the team but it is something like "Farmer Tator Tot's Team" ? My hubbies uncle is the coach and he will be "Farmer Tator" and all the players will be his farm animals. The t-shirts have different animals on them to depict what they are, there are horses, cows, cats (pussies), dogs (b*tchs), a donkey (a$$), pig and a rooster (cock) oh, and a sheep that the farmer might chase every so often with velcro gloves! -- it should be fun! he he Hopefully it is good weather this year, one year it snowed and we were playing ball with toques and mittens!


2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

that was a great time last year when we came. i'm off all weekend, maybe the three of use will come out to edson for a visit one afternoon. If we're welcome that is.

Chris H said...

WOW, that is one enourmous park!!! Have fun..