A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Weekend Review

It was a very good, long weekend - starting with Friday and the drive out to Edson after work! I was able to sneak out a little early from work and picked up my Dad, then headed home to load up the car and get the dog. We were all loaded up and hit the road at about 5:40pm but me being an idiot I ended up taking the scenic way to get out of town, it took us an hour just to get to Spruce Grove! Which is normally about a 30min drive! he he We finally found a place to have supper and made it out to Edson by 9:30!! (Normally it is about a two hour drive to get to Edson - took me 4hrs!!) :O Needless to say we missed their first game, which they lost.

Now since my memory is terrible I can't recall which game we won but we did end up winning one of the four games we played! It was a really close game, every game is on a hour and a half deadline so after the hour and a half of playing was over we were tied with the other team. We had to play two more innings in order to break the tie, which we did and won the game! Our games were spaced out nice, which was kinda good but also bad... with the delay between games a lot of our players just kept drinking, they would start in the morning with either Baileys in their coffee or a beer and just keep going until they crashed (usually around 2am)! The only problem that I had with them drinking so much was that they were almost too drunk to play! But the weekend was about having a good time and I'm sure everyone did!

I ended up bringing a lot of my own food, I wouldn't say that I was letting loose with what I ate but I also didn't worry about having a hand full of chips or potato salad with supper. I did still take the dog for her walks at night and I tried to eat extra fruit and yogurt when I started feeling hungry. I wish I would have played this year, I am in better shape this year then I have been in previous years and I think I could have done really good! ? Although my calves are sore and I feel as if I did play ball? Maybe it's just sympathy pains for the team! ? he he I guess we will see tomorrow just how "bad" of a weekend I had, diet wise.

My boss is on holiday's for the next two weeks so I am in charge of doing all the work that he normally does, so I may not have as much time to post as I normally do. I'm hoping to be able to post a little everyday still but don't hold your breath! I may be too busy! ? ;)

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and if you have a wee gain on the scales, well hell, at least you had fun! And that's just as important. Hope the next two weeks are not too hectic for you.