A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Not so nice out ...

Well I made it through another busy day at work and haven't been fired yet! ;) Only one call from the boss about my cash out and some missing invoices but that's all! :) It wasn't very nice out yesterday but I still took the dog for her walk after supper, I feel like I have to get back on track. After our walk I decided to make cookies. A few months ago I bought some cookie dough from my niece who was selling it as a fundraiser for dance. It is pre-mixed cookie dough and all you have to do is scoop it onto the pan and throw into the oven! Super simple -- but because it has been so hot out lately I have been putting off baking cookies. They turned out pretty good and made quite a few, I still have one more tub of dough to make - maybe in a few weeks!?

The races also got rained out last night which means we will probably have to finish them off on the next race weekend. This weekend is the "bike drags" but the weather doesn't look too promising - I think it will get rained out too!?

I stayed up much too late last night reading Harry Potter, not the new book but The Chamber of Secrets. I have watched the movies and really enjoyed them and I always heard people talk about the books and how good they are so I thought I would give the books a try. I'm glad I did, it has been a long time since I've read a book that I actually enjoyed! I can't wait to start reading the next book, which I have already bought. I have a coffee date tonight with my best est bud and a girl I haven't seen in about 10 years ? We found each other again on Facebook and decided we need to met for coffee to reminisce on the old times! ;) It should be tons of fun but hopefully I won't stay up late again, I really need to catch up on my sleep! :o

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I am sure you will enjoy the rest of the HP books..... I have read them all now and sooooo wish there were going to be more. Have a neat weekend.