A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, August 24, 2007

TGIF!

I went for coffee yesterday with an old friend I found on Facebook, it was so nice to catch up with her and hear all the latest gossip. She always was a good gossiper and seemed to know a little about everyone. If you wanted to know the scoop on anyone she usually would have something to say about them!? I'm not sure how she got all her info but it was always fun to hear the dirt - he he. She really hasn't changed much, besides the fact that she is married now. We talked for about 2 hours and then I headed home, it was fun seeing her again and hopefully we will do it again soon!


I also picked up my rings yesterday from getting sized, I missed my rings greatly and it feels so good to be able to wear them again! I was also looking around at the jewelers when I was there ... just to see what they had, but boy were their prices expensive!! I think they try to trick you cause they had these huge price tags on their rings and after you look at one you like they say it's on sale for this outrageous price (like half off) so you feel better about spending only $2500 as opposed to $5000 for a ring! :O Which I don't think I would ever spend $2500 on a ring but after he gave me the "sale" price it didn't feel so bad to spend that much on a ring. Where if he just told me the sale price right away I would have just walked away! I don't think there really is a sale I think they just raise the prices so you feel like you are getting this big deal that you just can't resist cause it's on "sale"?? Make sense ?

There are races this weekend but I don't want to stay out at the track, I think we will come home every night. Tonight is the boring street legals, tomorrow is a diesel "blackout" (which will be stinky and smokey), then Sunday is the regular weekend races. After this weekend we should have three weekends off from racing!!! I am hoping to get LOTS done around the house on the long weekend, hopefully building a new shed and siding the garage! And the third weekend in September is my big 3-0 birthday bash at our house so I need to get things organized for that. We also are suppose to start a new season of bowling soon too, Sept 6th I think!?! We play 5 pin every Thursday night (9pm - 11ish), it usually makes for a rough Friday but it's fun and gets us out in the winter.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

I totally 'get' the sale price shit they try to suck you in with! It is very clever, but so transparent. Sucks lots in though.

Fatinah said...

how exciting for you to get your rings back after getting them downsized!! another sign of all your hard work paying off.

Denise Potter said...

So that's when your b-day bash is! Are you inviting the whole crew? Meaning should I make sure I'm off?