A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Follow up

The hubby took our dog to the vet yesterday, she has been limping around for about a week and a half and it hasn't been getting any better so we decided to take her in. She is an older dog (a Rottie) and has some lumps and bumps on her which the vet says are normal as a dog gets older. But one of these lumps is on her hind leg, right where the leg joint joins the hip bone, this lump is what we think is causing her to limp around. My biggest worry is that because she is walking funny and seems to be favoring her other leg that she may affect her hip joints and in a large breed dog that could mean hip dysplasia!? My other fear is that the vet is going to recommend to remove this lump and do a biopsy, I'm afraid they will find out it is cancer!?
So the vet recommends for our dog to "take it easy" for 10 days, this means NO WALKING!! :O For 10 days!! At first I thought this was an excellent idea - a 10 day vacation for me! ;) But then I forgot how she stares me down after supper and won't leave me alone until she gets to go outside! grrrr It's frustrating, having her stare at me with a slight whine! We also got some anti-inflammatory pills for her, they are like horse pills (huge), she needs to also take these for 10 days - with food, of course! Oh - and they weighed her .... she lost another 5lbs! Now she is 85lbs!! Right where she should be!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Awww I do hope your dog is ok.... it's just like when a kid is sick eh? We worry just as much!