A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weigh in Wednesday



Today is my one year anniversary on my weight loss journey!! It's hard to believe that I started a whole year ago! ? It doesn't feel like I have been trying to loose weight for a entire year and I feel like I was successful at it too! ;) One year ago today I weighed in at 251.8lbs, it was quite the wake up call, I honestly had no idea that I weighed that much and when I looked at myself in the mirror I always told myself that I didn't look that big and that I must carry my weight well!?! I think this is just what I told myself to make myself feel better, when in fact I look back now at old pictures and think "holy sh*t - I was big"!! I feel like I will continue to be on this journey for the rest of my life and hopefully it will get easier as I go along but I don't want it to feel too easy or I might slip back into my old ways and slowly put the weight back on! I still need to weigh in every week (for now) and I still need to do a mental check on how much water, fruit, veggies and dairy I have had for the day. I'm not saying that I am going to be super strict about my diet but rather I need to still make good decisions when it comes to eating out. I will still take the dog for her walks and I want to go back to bowling this winter. So for this weeks weigh in:

Week 52 = 171.0lbs

(-0.4lbs)

I have lost -80.8lbs after one year and even though I am not at my original goal I am happy with where I am at. I went from being in a plus size 22 to a regular size 9!!! Which I don't ever remember being, even though I'm sure it's because of vanity sizing now a days but it's still a size 9!! ;) I feel like I have more self confidence then I have ever had and I actually feel like people are looking at me and not just some fat lady. I definitely think that I owe a little credit to my friends and family, without their support I don't think I would have carried on with the diet as long as I have. My hubby was especially patient and now reaps the benefits of a skinnier me!! ;) The other day I came home from work to find a movie on the counter (Barnyard - it's a cartoon) and when I went to put my lunch bag away I found another move (Flushed away - another cartoon) that he had bought for me..... one "just because" and the other for my one year anniversary on the diet! He also bought himself a movie (Wild hogs - with John Travolta and Tim Alan) we watched it last night, it was really good! We also had nachos and popcorn - my two weaknesses but as you can see I still lost -0.4lbs so I must have been smart about portion size!?

So I would just like to thank my family and friends for never making me feel like I needed to loose weight but supporting me while I did. They accepted me the way I was and I'm sure they will continue to love me the way I am. I love you guys/ gals and thank you for never looking at me funny when I brought my own food to gatherngs !! :)

4 comments:

Fatinah said...

Happy Anniversary Chicklet! Congrats on a stunning weight loss!!!!

Kim L said...

Thanks for writing this! It's the most inspiring blog entry I've read in a long time. A size 9 is so awesome. I've never been that either. Yeah for you!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Leanne!! I am always proud of you and love you no matter how fluffy you were. I can tell how happy you are now from all the smiles in your pics. I wish I had your determination. I know you will keep up the good work cause its all for a good cause. Love you, Mom.

Denise Potter said...

Congrate girl.

I love you no matter what, but I have noticed a huge diffrence in your attitude since your weight loss. Your confidence has defintily gone up, but not to the point of being a snot.

So congrates on your loss and congrates on not letting it go to your head.

Luv you!
D