A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Weekend review

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend, I know I had a fairly good and very nice long weekend! ;) Canada Day was great, our community puts on a firework show that we usually go to just cause it's so close to home and we can walk there. There are less people that attend this show then the one downtown which is something both me and hubby like! Neither one of us is a crowd person.



I finished all my painting that I wanted to get done and almost ran out of paint. The garage doors look 100 times better being white and the fence looks almost new again! Now if only our lawyer would hurry up and settle the shed issue we could side our garage and have it match the house! I weeded my garden and got a grocery bag full of weeds!! But it looks good now! I also got most of my cleaning done and only have the floors left to wash.



The hubby did end up working out at the track all weekend and I guess there was very little excitement. The only thing he told me was that the lady they had doing my job was horrible! She spend more time gabbing then she did working which caused lots of mistakes. Apparently I'm not allowed to have anymore days off! he he It kinda makes me feel good that this other lady messed up so bad but then I feel a little guilty cause it made the track look bad, like they hired this idiot that doesn't know what she is doing!? I guess the drag manager was apologizing to all the bikers saying that this lady wasn't the usual tower person and that she had to give me a day off! I feel more like an asset now, maybe next year I can get a raise! ;)



I had a near death experience on Friday!! No kidding!! I have never been more scared then I was at that moment! Friday after work I headed to the track for
the Street Legal races and being the Friday of a long weekend the traffic was a little more congested then usual. In order to get to the track you have to turn left off the highway which sometimes requires you to stop on the highway until it is clear to turn. Well, this is what happened on Friday, I had to stop on the highway ... wait for on coming traffic to clear ... so I could turn onto the facility. Well as I'm sitting there waiting I glance in my rear view mirror and see this truck behind me that is not slowing down, he's not stopping!!! So I pumped my brakes in hopes that maybe he sees my lights flashing but he still seems to be traveling way too fast! I inch my way onto on coming traffic (crossing the center line) and at last minute this idiot swerves around me!! I swear I felt my car rock back and forth as he passed me!! I almost peed my pants! I guess I looked as white as a ghost when I pulled up! I was so scared, It just keeps playing over in my head. I hate that feeling, thankfully the guy went around me but It was close! soooo scary!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

OOOO so sorry you had such an awful experience! I have had a similar one like that too, it is bloody terrifying. I had my wee kids in the car too, which made it 1000 times worse.

Denise Potter said...

OMG! that would be crazy!!!! I'm happy to hear your okay, and that you had a great weekend besides the almost peeing your pants part.

Luv ya see you tomarrow night.