A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Review .....


The weekend was really nice, no races on Friday so it made the weekend feel extra long! It felt odd not having to work Friday night but it sure was nice to have it off!! ;) The hubby went downtown Friday night and I just stayed home and relaxed. Saturday was our cousin's wedding and I think the hottest day of the year! Boy was it hot, I would hate to be one of the guys on the bridal party and have to wear a three piece suit! The ceremony started at 1pm and was at a Catholic church so we figured it would be at least an hour long but the priest was awesome and kept it short (30min). There were so many kids at the wedding I was amazed! We had 3 hours in between the ceremony and reception so we headed back to my in-laws for lunch and a few drinks. The reception was at this tiny little community hall that had no air conditioning, which made it a little uncomfortable. The food was really good and I especially liked the homemade perogies and cabbage rolls that my hubbies uncle made! :) I found that the speeches were quite long, lasting an hour and a half! The dance didn't start until 9pm! It seemed like after speeches were done everyone headed outside where there was a slight breeze and thankfully the DJ followed and set up speakers outside! We danced outside till 11:30 and then were forced to bring the party back inside but by now the hall had cooled down and was comfortable! I clearly drank too much wine and was feeling really good by the time we left (about 12:30am - I think?). It was a really good night and the bride looked awesome, I loved her dress!
The next day (even with me sleeping in) I wasn't feeling that great but it wasn't too bad of a hangover! ;) We were extremely lazy on Sunday and didn't get anything done, work wise. My Dad came over after lunch for a visit and brought my nephew with him. My nephew and hubby played around in the kiddie pool we have set up for the dog, it was cute! Then I downloaded a few pics from the weekend and went to bed early! I'm still feeling tired today and will probably go to bed early again! ;)
(SCROLL DOWN TOO SEE NEW PICS!)

No comments: