A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tuesday .....

Well my holidays are going good so far, I am starting to get a little nervous about the dogs surgery. :( My weekend was good, it was our last weekend full of racing!! The race season is officially over, just in time too - everyone was getting tired of being out there. Now we just have the banquet to go to which I can hardly wait for!! I went for a ride down the track in one of the guys race car during our "fun day" Saturday, his car is much faster then our car was and it was quite a thrill to feel what it was like to go that fast! Usually when you have a passenger in your car you're only suppose to go 1/8 mile instead of the full 1/4 mile but Lorne kept his foot in it and we ended up going 10.3 in the 1/4 mile @ 132 miles/hour!! I gave him crap that he didn't shut it down half track but it was still kinda fun! ;)



I didn't have time to go shopping on Saturday cause I slept in too late! :o So instead I went shopping yesterday, I found some gift cards that we got as wedding gifts two years ago and thought that I should spend them before they expire or I loose them! So I bought the hubby some new pants and looked for the little couch I wanted to buy for the dog but was having a hard time finding one! I looked at Zellers, Toys R Us, and Wal-Mart and all they had were one seater couches like a love seat, which would be way too small for my dog! So instead I just bought another "dog bed" from the pet store.



I was also shopping for my "die cutter" and went to Michaels to find one but they were all sold out and the price on theirs was soooo expensive ($399) I asked if I could use one of the 40% off coupons but they said that you can't use those coupons on the "Cricut" cutter products!! But when I was at Wal-Mart looking for the couch I looked in their craft center and they had the exact same cutter for half the price!! So I picked it up from them and I bought some of the "Cricut" paper to try out the cutter with! Of course as soon as I got home I had to set it up and try it out! It is so easy to use, I really like it and think it will make some really nice cards and scrapbook decorations! Now I just have to buy more programs for it so I can cut more shapes! I also haven't quite figured out yet how I am going to attach the cut pieces onto paper? It cuts some of the patterns so skinny that there isn't really much room for the tape method I use on my scrapbooks and I'm not sure if I use a glue stick if it will leave glue marks everywhere ?~ I'll just have to play around some more with it!


So not only do I have to weigh in tomorrow but I also have to drop the dog off at the vets! I want to do some visiting while out in St.Albert so I should probably call them today to make sure they are free! ? I am now off to do some grocery shopping, it is the first Tuesday of the month and we get 10% off so we usually make this our big shoppping day! Then when I get home hopefully it will be a little warmer out and I can clean out my flower beds and paint the shed! ?

No comments: