A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend review

So my Mom left on Sunday to Vegas, the sad thing about it all is that I could have been going with her if I would have had an up to date passport! But then I found out after she left that that law has not been passed just yet - as of January 2008 you will need a passport to go so I could have actually went with her!? grrr Oh well - we couldn't really afford to go anyway (not after spending almost $2000 on the dog!).

Speaking of the dog, I am a little worried that this operation she had has done nothing at all to help her leg?! Maybe I am just expecting too much, it has only been a week and a half, but she seems to be no better off then she was before? She doesn't seem to want to put any weight on her foot when she is just standing but when she walks she will put some weight on it? I hope it wasn't a complete waste of money or I'll be pissed! She goes back to the vet on Wednesday to get a few stitches out and we can ask him all our questions then.



Today is voting day!!! I however will not be voting, I know it's my demographic right to vote and I should vote but I have no idea about who to vote for and what they stand for! ? It just bores me to watch those debates or read about the different candidates! I trust that there are enough people out there to vote for me! ;) I'm sure that statement alone is enough to boil my hubbies blood - he has tried for many years to get me to vote, it just isn't in me!



As for the rest of my weekend .... it was good, I didn't do much and I think I am starting to pay for my laziness. My jeans this morning were a little bit tighter then usual and maybe that has to do with the fact that TOM is coming but I think it has a lot to do with my lazy attitude! ;) I would like to start doing my pilates again, I really enjoyed them. Denise and her hubby came over on Saturday night and we sat around the fire outside, it was really nice. And on Sunday we visited the Grandparents, something we haven't done in a really long time. We also picked up a shuffle board from my in-laws that they wanted to get rid of and we were happy to take off their hands! :) Now we just have to finish our basement so we can entertain people and they can play a few games on the shuffle board! he he On the weekend I also bought a BBT, I thought it would be fun to track and see for a few months. This morning I was at 36.86C (98.35F) -- pretty hot!! LOL But that's cause TOM is almost here (maybe?). ;)

2 comments:

Jordanna said...

Good luck with the BBT...it's a pain in the butt. Hopefully you get better results than I did :)

Chris H said...

WE had voting here last weekend for local body council and Mayor, we did not bother to vote either.. mostly because no matter what the general population wants, the council will do whatever they bloody like! Why do you want to track your temperature? Or is that a really silly question?