A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

holidays are over ! :(


So, I'm back at work today :( Actually my holidays felt like they lasted a really long time and they didn't fly by as usual! ? Although I am awfully tired today, the dog kept me up for most of the night. I think her fur is starting to grow in and it is itchy but she can't scratch it so I have become her own personal bum/ leg scratcher! ;) Either that or she has just become more of a sucky dog and just wanted me to pet her!? I'm not sure but she kept head butting the bed so that I would pet her!? Apparently the hubby didn't even notice! grrrrr

So to wrap up my holidays, Friday I re-arranged our bedroom so that now the bed is away from the window and the heat register is not covered by the bed. Then my mom came over bearing gifts for the dog and some nice warm fuzzy socks for me! I can't remember what I did Saturday!? Probably nothing! he he Sunday was so nice outside, but I decided to go through the filing cabinet and shred old papers and organize it a bit better so I was stuck inside. And on Monday we had our absolute last race of the year! And boy was it busy!! Lots of cars showed up to make their final trips down the track and thankfully they all left pretty early too so we went out for dinner with some of the staff. When I got home there was a delivery at our back door, I had forgotten that we were getting our up-right deep freeze that day!! Yah! Now we just have to get it downstairs!

So we ended up doing nothing for Thanksgiving, no turkey dinners, no ham, no family festivities. We were OK with that though it was nice just doing our own thing. Hopefully everyone else had good Turkey day, everyone in Canada that is!?

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

we didn't do turkey either, and I agree it was nice to just do our own thing!

I'm glad to hear you feel more rested after your holidays this time.

Have a good week lady. Let us know if you free Sat evening for a little visit?

luv ya!

Fatinah said...

mmmm, we did ham, but did it on Saturday, so we still had a weekend after to do nothing...it was heaven!