A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend review

Well - back to work for another work week! :( I often wish that we had tons of money and that I could stay at home, not that my job is hard. It's not very exciting at all, but I just enjoy being a homebody! ;) I'm sure after a while though the luxury would wear off and it would become just as tedious as coming to work everyday and at least I have adult contact here, at home I would just have my dog! he he



So as for my weekend, I felt I had to work a little harder to work off some extra pounds so I tried hard to keep myself busy. Friday was pretty relaxed though and I don't think we did much. Saturday was house cleaning day and then I went outside to rake up the leaves. We don't get too many leaves in our yard since we chopped down the four large trees but there was still two

garbage bags. The hubby started planning his "haunted garage" for Halloween and moved his car over to his parents. I also went shopping to Costco on Saturday and bought some stuff to put in our new upright freezer. Sunday I decided to clean the basement, the cob webs were starting to get to me and there was this musty smell that I hate! I bought some reed diffusers at Costco (three for $25) and put two of them downstairs. Last year we went through most of our boxes from moving in and sorted out stuff we want to keep and stuff for a garage sale that was suppose to happen this fall but didn't! So I had to move all our garage sale boxes back into one of the bedrooms in our basement so that hopefully the hubby will start demo on it!! Then I vacuumed the entire basement (top to bottom) and moved the treadmill into a corner so if I wanted to I could still use it. I think it looks really good now but would look even better if the drywall was taped and mudded so I could put a coat of primer on it! ;)



We have to go over to my MIL's tonight, as I am typing this she is getting surgery done to her jaw/ mouth. I think she is going to be hurtin' when we go see her after supper!? I guess she needs to be watched for the first 24 hours and my FIL needs to step out for a few hours so it's up to us to go watch her. I hope nothing major happens cause I don't really deal well in those situations! We were hoping to jump in their hot tub for a little while but now my hubby has plans to go met this guy for a job so I may be stuck by myself and probably won't go in.

No comments: