A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, September 21, 2007

TGIF

We find out today if our dog is healthy enough to handle surgery! :( Yesterday my hubby took her back to the vet to have her leg looked at again. She is still limping and doesn't like to put any weight on her leg so she holds it off the ground just a little and then it starts to shake. I wish I could have went with him cause apparently our reg doctor gave the new doctor (the one we saw last time) sh*t cause she misdiagnosed a major problem! She told us that it was just inflamed and gave us some "doggie celibrex" and told us to take it easy for 2 weeks and now this vet is telling us that those 2 weeks were vital weeks and we could have done something about this a lot sooner had she not misdiagnosed our dog!? I'm no mad at her, but I definitely won't be scheduling any visits with her anymore!


So apparently (hopefully I get all this right), the vet says that there is a tendon in the knee that helps it bend/ twist (like our knee) and our dog has pulled this tendon. I keep telling everyone she needs a "knee replacement" cause the way my hubby was telling me about the surgery sure did sound like a knee replacement, he told me about how they replace some of the bone where the knee joint is and fix the tendon with what I described as elastic bands (and he agreed they are like elastic bands) -- sounds kinda like a knee replacement? So if we don't get the surgery done then eventually the joint will wear itself down and become very painful for her, to the point where she probably won't walk on it at all. She is only 10yrs old so she does have more years to her life and she is fairly active now so we agreed that surgery would be the best thing for her!



I'm on holidays the first week in October so this is probably when we will get the surgery done so that I can help my hubby out at home with her. I feel so bad for her, she is such a suck when she is sick and I'm sure she will milk it after the surgery. Just like a little kid! She is our baby and I worry about the surgery and how she will be after!? I have faith in this vet, he is the same one that spayed her and amputated her toe for a biopsy. I have never had any problems with this vet which is why I continue to drive the 45 minutes to see him. I just worry now cause she is older and like humans the older you get the harder surgery is on you. I also guess I have to kiss the siding for the garage good-bye this year cause that's about the same price as the estimate for the surgery ($1800)!! :o

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

Ohh I hope rox will be okay. It sucks when ones fir babies are sick. Good luck with everything. I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Are u guys busy this weekend? Maybe Earl and I can get Ave to watch Evan and just us adults can come for a visit?

Let me know.

Luv u girl.