A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Thoughts.....

All week I was thinking about what I wanted my thoughts to be for today and I thought I had it all figured out until I had a phone call last night from this survey company that asked me "Do you believe it is ok for gays to marry?" and then this morning when I was viewing my daily blogs Lynn had a posting that also questioned the "marriage definition" for her state.



So I figure a good topic for this Thursday's Thoughts would be on gay marriage.


Now I must admit that I lived a fairly simple life and I have not had much experience with this lifestyle. Maybe experience isn't really the right word ..... I know three gay people in my life and I have only ever met four (two couples) and that is in 29yrs. My personal opinion with this subject is pretty much the same POV I would say for any subject and that is, if you are not harming anyone or anything by your actions then It's ok with me! I think there are far worse things out there then two people that love each other getting married! If they want to live that lifestyle then why not? Now I don't believe that they should be showing public affection but then I don't think that anyone (gay or straight) should "make out" in public, somethings are better behind closed doors. I have never been hurt (mentally or physically) by anyone who is openly gay and the few people that I have met and know are gay, are really nice people! So my thoughts on gay marriage is that I hope it becomes legal in all States and Countries, I don't think that it is fair to make individuals hide their love for each other or be ashamed of it!






No comments: