A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A mini-challenge begins!!


Another challenge between NS member Jordanna (Memoirs of a fat kid) and I has begun!! Bang the gong it's on!!! She has kinda fell off the wagon lately and I'm hoping this challenge will bring her back! We have decided to see who could come the closest to loosing 18lbs by Christmas, starting this Friday! I figure it should be fairly easy to kick her butt and I think I should be able to average out 2lbs per week. The best thing I have going for me is my dog, she is my motivator and gets me off the couch even when it the last thing on my mind! So by walking her every night I think I have this challenge in the bag! he he



Speaking of walking the dog...... last night I decided I would give this jogging thing a try and see just how hard it is! What the hell was I thinking!?!?!? I ended up jogging about ....... a minute, three lamp poles and fortunately for me the dog decided to stop for a pee, so I stopped too and could barely breathe! Holy crap that hurt! My lungs were all tight and my throat was killing me- from one minute !?!? Now I think to myself why on earth would anyone want to do something like this to themselves!? I know I've said in the past that as soon as I hit 199lbs I will start jogging but now I'm thinking I had a "male moment" and just wasn't thinking! LOL I don't want to hate taking the dog out so for now and for a while I think walking is just fine by me!



I had so much fun with the Friday Fun Facts that I thought Tuesday Trivia would also be a nice way to break up the week. (and I'd like to thank Jordanna for the idea!) he he So for the first Tuesday Trivia:


Milk


The Average American Drinks 25 gallons of milk per year.



Did you know that about 88% of all milk is water and only about 12% is solidsubstance that has food value?




No comments: