A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday thoughts ......

I thought I would try something new for Thursdays and have random thoughts for Thursdays! Now before I start I would just like to make it clear that:

No I am NOT a scientist or teacher or have any other type of degree that makes me a professional on any of these subjects! These are just simple thoughts by a simple person with a simple mind! I do not mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I do but if you agree or disagree with anything that I am about to post I would be happy to hear your comments! So here it goes .......



My thoughts on genetics: I often wonder if my kids will have to struggle with being over weight or have a hard time maintaining a healthy weight just because I have had to deal with my weight for most of my life? I do place some blame on my parents for my weight issues but not because I think it's in my genes to be fat but because of the way I was brought up. I don't think my parents pushed me enough to be active and part of sports groups. I think it all started when we had pizza movie night on Fridays which eventually led to having take out more then once a week and soon we were eating out way more then at home. I rairly remember having "healthy" meals at home. Now some people would probably argue that if your parents are over weight then more then likely there children will be too but is that because of genetics or because of the eating habits the parents have? Just like I believe that if your parents are alcoholics does not mean that you are destined to be one as well. Everyone makes choices in life but as a child they are unable to make certain choices on their own. I do take full responsibility for being over weight as an adult and can't blame anyone but myself for that but I would like to think that my kids will not be destined to be fat as long as I can instill unto them a healthy lifestyle throughout their life. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone - especially my mom with what I have posted I do not mean to blame her for my weight issues now but I can't help but wonder if they had encouraged me to be more active as a child and had taught me "healthy" eating when I was younger would I be where I am today?

Now on a less serious note ..... I did receive my shipment of food yesterday and yes my 20lb bear was in the box!! Yippee !! I was so happy to see him! They also shipped me another 10lb bear ?? So I gave that one to my dog because she has also lost 10lbs being my walking partner!! So you could say that Nutrisystem has also helped her to loose weight as well! She loves her bear and carries it all over the house it's super cute and I must learn how to use our scanner so I can post pics! LOL I only have




10 - Pound (Female) Pound says congratulations on your initial weight loss.She's here to keep you motivated as you continue toward your goal weight

20 - Commitment Losing 20 lbs. proves you have the commitment you need to succeed, but a little inspiration from Commitment couldn't hurt


1 comment:

utenzi said...

There's a strong genetic component to how we deal with excess nutrients. Of course eating well and exercising will help. If you have "fat genes" you don't have to become overweight but it makes it a lot harder to keep the weight off.

Good luck to you in your struggle. I've just started to have to deal with excess weight since I turned 40--and it's no fun!