A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Fun Facts! :)



...Fun Apple Facts...

* APPLES ARE A MEMBER OF THE ROSE FAMILY




* APPLES ARE FAT, SODIUM & CHOLESTEROL FREE

* A MEDIUM SIZED APPLE IS ABOUT 80 CALORIES

* APPLES GIVE OFF GASSES THAT WILL SPEED UP
THE RIPENING OF PEACHES, PLUMS, BANANAS &
KIWIS

* THE ONLY APPLE NATIVE TO NORTH AMERICA IS
THE CRAB-APPLE

* 25% OF AN APPLE'S VOLUME IS AIR--THIS IS WHY
APPLES FLOAT!


More Apple Facts

*2500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.
*7500 varieties of apples are grown throughout the world.
*In 2002 United States consumers ate an average of 42.2 pounds of fresh apples and processed apple products. That's a lot of applesauce!
*The top apple producing states are Washington, New York, Michigan, California, Pennsylvania and Virginia, which produced over 83 percent of the Nations 2001-crop apple supply.
*The largest apple picked weighed three pounds.


Jordanna (memoirs of a fat kid) and I started our Christmas challenge today so I weighed in again this morning. My starting weight for this challenge is 222.0lbs! I will make a new ticker after my Halloween challenge is over.

Yesterday I thought I posted a pretty touchy subject and I was kinda hoping to get a little more reaction from it but today I see that there are no comments :( I really enjoy seeing comments, good or bad, it gives me a feeling that people are actually reading this. I think next Thursday thoughts I will post an even more sensitive subject in the hopes that I can get a few comments!? lol

Bowling last night was fun, there are alot of interesting people that make the evening very entertaining! We finished our first quarter in 4th place, not bad for a team that isn't too serious about the sport. Our team is also second place for "team high score" right now (1200) which could easily change by the end of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that if you eat 2 apples a day it will lower your cholesterol by half!!