A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sweet tooth


There are only two times out of the year that I absolutely LOVE candy and can't seem to get enough of it. That would be Halloween and Easter! I'm not sure why but during these two holidays it's like the chocolate is calling out my name! Those little bite size mini chocolate bars and bunny's .... hm mm! Unfortunately in our house we have to celebrate both holidays and not just a little celebration but my hubby goes all out - especially for Halloween! He must have the biggest sweet tooth out there! So I fill the cupboards with all the goodies and try and stay away from them, which is usually an easy task except for at Halloween cause you have to put the candies in a bowl for everyone to help themselves! They are so close to my reach all I have to do is extend my arm.... but I must resist the temptation and ignore the desire to "just have one"! So far so good but every night it's like I can hear them calling my name ! I can't wait for Halloween to get here so I can give the candy away and put the rest away - out of reach!
It is so cold here and winter has barely even started yet! I hate the cold! Last night I took the dog for a walk in the blowing sleet! It sucked !! We were both soaking wet when we got home, not very good for my cold that I'm trying to get over. I wish I had lots of money cause I would open an indoor "pet center" where people could go walk there pets indoors where it is nice and dry!! I was dreaming about it on my walk last night, it would have a little water station for all the dogs to drink out of and a snack bar for handlers and their animals. You could have a designated "off leash" area and also a track for people that want to walk laps. I thought it was a marvelous idea and I'm sure someone out there will make millions off my idea. Too bad I don't have the funds to start a business?! I guess for now I will have to just go buy a toque, long johns and new boots!!

No comments: