A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Fun Facts!

Another new idea for my post! I thought it would be fun to post a different fun fact on Fridays so here is your first fun fact! he he


...Serious Soy Stuff...

Soy is the only vegetable containing all (8) essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.

Soy is a great source of omega-3's, the 'healthy fats', that are associated with health benefits including reducing the risk of heart attack and helping to prevent cancer.

Published studies indicate that plant estrogens in soy help reduce the symptoms of menopause.

Soy is a good source of fiber and regular amounts can help boost bone density. Fiber in soy can help lower blood cholesterol and slow the absorption of sugars. Soy may help reduce the risk of diabetes, according to the Mayo Clinic.


On the NS diet there are lots of meals that contain soy and I really wasn't too sure on how much more beneficial it was until I read this article! Now we know! And I must say that I actually enjoy soy and for the most part I can't even tell if it's in a meal?! When I compare rice cakes to my NS soy chips I can't tell the difference they both kinda taste the same?
Went bowling last night and didn't do very well.... oh well?! he he It's just for fun! It was the last week of the first quarter and our team finished 4th! Not bad for only having half the team there half the time! Two of our teammates are always missing so if they don't pre-bowl we only get 90% of their average - which is sometimes better then if they would have bowled! lol The quarters don't really mean too much though, it's the finals that you really want to win cause then you get first pick of the prizes!
The weather is still yucky here, kinda snowy rain - sleet I suppose you call it! Anyway it's just enough to make sure you get wet when you walk outside and cold enough that you can see it coming. I can't wait to get better winter clothes and footwear! Saturday is shopping day, I might even try on some new pants - just to see what size I can squeeze into! he he



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted that! My family is big into healthy foods in recent years, but my dad has always been against soy for some strange reason. I'm going to share some of this info with him. I've never heard a bad thing about it!