A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday

Tonight is bowling night (5 pin), we go every Thursday from 9pm till about 11ish - it makes for a super long night but it is nice to get out, especially now that winter is coming. Lately I have been trying to have a nap before we go just cause I get so tired!


We went shopping last night too with my hubbies Grandma, she saw something and wanted to get it for us but wanted us to look at it first. So off to Zellers we go, it was a glidder rocking chair - I liked it and it is something I have always wanted so she bought it for us. An early Christmas present, I think!? I can't wait to get it set up and try it out but so far it is still in the back of my car! he he I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet and have no idea on what to get people - I wish we would just buy gifts for the kids and not everyone but it is hard to convince my hubby of this. It's not that I don't like giving gifts I just don't like giving gifts that people won't use. And when you are 60 years + it becomes really hard to think of something they actually "need" and not some dust collector that they will never use!?

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

Does Mike beleive in Gift Certs? We get Earl's parents and my Dad a night out for a gift. A couple of movie passes and Dinner at their fav rest? It will not collect dust and they can save it for a rainy day or a special occasion.

Just a thought, but some ppl think it requires less thought. I beleive at least I wouldn't be waisting my money or their shelf space.

Chris H said...

The chair is beautiful, you lucky thing! As for gifts for older people, I always stick to delectible food packages... stuff that they love but would not buy too often cos it's expensive or whatever.